Tuesday 8 March 2011

Back to Black

I absolutely love my hair blonde!  I think it's quite flattering but it's very costly!  I spend just over £100 a month to keep it up and I really need to start saving if I ever want a house.  Also after a couple of weeks my roots were unbearable, not a good look!  So I've had to go back to black =(

I decided to do it at home, a whole DIY affair, as I really didn't want to fork out a fortune at the salon.  My mum spoke to her hairdresser friend and she told us that I would need to dye the hair red first, she explained that the hairdressers had stripped my hair of colour and the dark dye would need something to cling on to and as everyone has red in their hair it was the best one to use.  I was a bit scared but did as I was told.

After washing the red hair dye out I used 2 packs of loreal preference (2 packs just because I have long hair) in medium brown.  Just a little note, hair dyes confuse me, why is the colour on the box never the same when you use it, trés confusing!

The colour actually came out really nice.  People seem to prefer it dark, I got told I look more sophisticated and it suits my colouring better.  I still prefer the blonde but hey!  Beggars can't be choosers!

Before - With horrid roots!! (This was just 4 weeks after last highlights)

After - Medium brown my ass, but no roots! Waaay!

No comments:

Post a Comment