Thursday 10 February 2011

Brunette to Blonde

So last August I decided to take the plunge. I had dark, dark hair that hadn't really been dyed before, well the odd flash here and there, so I decided I wanted to go blonde!

I didn't really know what to expect, for some reason I thought you could just go into the hairdressers brunette and come out blonde, but oh no!  I went for a consultation at Charlie Millers and was told I could achieve my blonde bombshell look with gradual highlights, going lighter and lighter each time.  I was booked in that week and I admit I did expect a drastic change but the first set of highlights were very natural looking, I could tell this was going to be a LOOOOOOOONG process!  

I returned every 4-5 weeks to go a bit lighter at the cost of about £100 a month.  I knew it would cost alot but what a change from paying hardly anything towards my hair to paying this amount every month!  I should have really took that into consideration, but what can I say, I just go for things!

I did search the internet before I started, looking for some kind of transition pictures, so I knew what to expect at each stage, but couldn't find any, so I thought I'd put together my own little hair tracking montage, hopefully it well help someone else =).

I have to say though that now I've gone blonde, I do love it!  The roots aren't the best, but a little dry shampoo covers that right up!  But it's true what they say, blondes definitely have more fun!!

1 comment:

  1. Actually yes, thank you for this transition photo! I'm in the process also of dying my hair blond and at the moment I don't really like what my hair looks like after the first salon visit, but I'm hoping i will love it once I get it where I want it to!

    ReplyDelete