Friday 4 February 2011

Mac Powder NC20

So I decided to try out a new powder.  I usually stick to my Chanel powder but thought I'd give MAC a go.  I was all excited buying my new make-up and braved the wind and the rain (which was torrential!) to go to Harvey Nics and visit the lovely MAC stand.

As soon as I went in one of the girls working there came over and decided to help me pick a shade.  I had fake tan on when I went, which was a bit silly, but I knew I needed a lighter shade.  The girl suggested NC20 or NC25 which has more of a yellow tone which suits me well but I thought they looked a bit dark for me.  I explained that I was wearing fake tan and wanted a powder that would work when I go au naturale.  I said I would opt for the NC15, which received a look of total disgust.  She said it would be far too light and would make me look ashy.  I presumed as she worked there, of course she'd know best so went with the NC20 that she suggested.

So I rushed home with my new goodies, took off my make-up to start a-fresh.  Put on my foundation and then started to powder with my new product.  I looked like an oompa-loompa!! I was gutted.  Total colour mis-match!  The powder itself was ok just the colour was so wrong.

I'm currently on the amazing www.makeupalley.com trying to swap it, hopefully I'll swap it for something fabulous, but I think I'll be sticking to my pale Chanel powder for the foreseeable future.



Obviously this is just my opinion, it seems to be a good product but I think the whole colour issue just put me off, I'm sorry MAC!


No comments:

Post a Comment