Wednesday 16 February 2011

Xen Tan

So I used to use Fake Bake as my tan of choice but a girl can want a change so I was on the lookout for a new fake tan.  I had read alot of reviews on blogs of xen tan and wanted to give it a go.  I went on the xen tan website trying to find the right product, lotions, mousses, light, dark ... all the choices!!  I decided to take the plunge and go for the dark tan.  I did have horrible images of mahogany girls off of snog marry avoid that scared me a little, but I was still going to give it a go!

I priced the dark lotion on line, in most stores it was about £28, it was a bit steep but I compared the amount of product in xen tan to fake bake and you do really get a lot more for your money!  I came across an amazing deal on feelunique.com that I just couldn't pass on.  You were getting the dark tanning lotion (236ml), body scrub (236ml) and a deluxe tanning mitt all for £28.94, BARGAIN! and free delivery!





So when products say they require a patch test, I have to admit I rarely do them, but I was so scared of this tanning experience going horribly wrong that I decided to tan 1 arm.  I wanted to wear the new tan for my birthday night out so it had to be perfect!  Well it didn't turn out too dark or orange, it was rather lovely ... (well if you excuse the white hand!)


So the night before my big night out I went for a bath and used the body scrub to take off any dead skin.  It smelt gorgeous, like spearmint!  Yumm but when I went on to using the tan, it smelt even better!  It's a mixture of cherry and almonds, I basically smelt like a big bakewell tart, which are one of my favourites!! It smelt good enough to eat!  The mitt was really helpful in putting the tan on, it did look a bit streaky but it evens out completely. 

The bottle says you can use it as an instant tan, but I'd really advise against it.  It's definitely an overnighter tan!  So in the morning after it had had time to settle, I have to say it looked really good!  The instructions advise you to shower in the morning to take off the excess tan.  I used to skip this part, but it really does even out your tan and makes it look a lot more natural.  I have to say the colour wasn't as dark as I would have liked, but my friends did comment on how natural it looked, probably because of it's olive based tones.  Over all I'm hooked! I'm a xen girl now!!

The Final Product, with flash


No comments:

Post a Comment